Flats or apartments are essentially self-contained housing units that occupy only a single part of a larger building or complex. Flats are usually a part of a larger residential or housing complex or building. In recent years, this type of housing has become extremely popular, particularly with the younger generation. Unlike their parents, who preferred independent houses and villas, millennials by and large prefer to live in flats or apartments. This trend is particularly noticeable when it comes to large cities and developed urban areas where there is a majority of the new constructions consist of apartment buildings or complexes.
Some of the reasons for the growing popularity of flats are as follows:
- They are more affordable than independent houses or villas.
- In the busiest parts of a city, flats are more readily available than independent houses.
- They are usually smaller and hence easier to maintain.
- They are perfect for nuclear families, which are the norm in the modern world.
- They provide residents with a pre-existing community of like-minded neighbors.
- Flats offer many state-of-the-art amenities and facilities not provided by independent houses.
- They provide greater security and innovative safety features.
Therefore, it is clear that flats or apartments provide a number of benefits that cannot be availed when it comes to independent villas. So it is no surprise that many people in the modern world opt to buy flats instead of a villa. If you are planning to invest in a flat, you must first ensure that it is a premium property and has all the important amenities that will make your life comfortable and convenient. Some of the essential amenities of a good flat are as follows:
- Hi-tech, round-the-clock, electronic and manned security.
- Safe and spacious parking facilities as well as adequate visitors’ parking space.
- Open and green areas in the surroundings.
- Recreational spaces and amenities such as joggers trail, tennis and badminton courts, sit-out plazas for senior citizens, swimming pool, children’s play area, etc.
- Unhindered, round-the-clock water and electricity supply.
- Environmentally sustainable features such as rainwater harvesting facilities.
Therefore, if you would like to buy a flat in Mohali, Chandigarh, or any other north Indian city, then you should definitely contact a reputed property developer or real estate company operating in the area.